The last time I synced my phone to my computer I lost all of my ringtones, what the heck I paid for them. I was so frustrated. My hubby is a techie guy and is solely responsible for converting me to Apple products. I asked him to do some research and low and behold he quickly found an answer for me and guess what it worked and quickly. I wanted to share with others who may be experiencing the same frustration.
I can’t take credit for this resolution but to be honest I don’t know where he got the answer. Hope this helps, have a great day!
Restore your tones from the iTunes Store
If you purchased your tones on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and never synced them to your computer, you can restore your tones directly to your device from the iTunes Store using the steps below.
If your device already contains previously purchased tones that you synced or restored to your device from iTunes on your Mac or PC, turn off Sync Tones in iTunes before completing the steps below. Otherwise, you might download duplicate tones to your device.
- Open Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Go to itunes.com/restore-tones.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Tap Restore. You’ll see a message that reads: “This may take a while. You can continue to use this device while we prepare your tones. You will be sent a push notification when they are ready to download.”
- Tap Done.
- When you receive the notification on your device, tap Download, or, if you receive the notification on your lock screen, swipe to download.* All of your tones will download, including any that are explicit.
- Check to make sure that your tones are now on your device:
Ringtones: Tap Settings > Sounds > Ringtone.
Alert tones: Tap Settings > Sounds > Text Tone (or any other alert listed).
If you assigned purchased tones to your contacts, these will also be restored.